Arrive and meet your host, locals, and the village headman at the Huai Raeng community center. It's an elevated open-air house used for festivities or reception. Take a sip of the freshly prepared fruit juices or hot herbal tea and listen to locals introduce you to Huai Raeng Village.
Baan Huai Raeng is an award-winning community based tourism destination. It is a tranquil community, located in central Thailand and approximately 15 kilometers from Trat city. The community has formed for over three hundred years, while the villagers have lived along Huai Raeng canal for many many generations. The canals brackish water and seasonal tides give its shoreside plantations plenty of nourishment to be rich and fruitful all year round.
- Four delicious (for real) meals and drinks
- Homestay accommodation arranged by our local host
- Costs of basic activities and workshops
- Central Thai cultural show
- Local community tour guide
- Accident insurance coverage
- Enjoy seasonal fresh fruits and juice on arrival
- Take a boat tour of the canal and learn how locals rely on its richness to their benefits
- Hop into the canal for a refreshing swim
- Hang out at the community center to learn local crafts like soap making, sticky rice desserts, or refine your own fresh virgin coconut oil
- Visit fruit orchards and get to taste exotic fruits like durian, mangosteens, and rambutans
- Get adventurous and hike into the woods with locals and rangers
- Wake up early for a round of alms giving and merit making when the monks stroll by