Chiang Dao Mountain Getaway, Baan Hua Thung, Chiang Mai (2D1N)
About the trip
- Trek in the "community forest" and learn how locals join forces in their conservation efforts
- Bathe in the natural hot spring at the neighbor village
- Get creative and learn the local craft of bamboo weaving
- Enjoy a well-deserved Thai traditional massage at your homestay
- Learn Thai cooking and teach locals how you make dishes from your own local cuisine
- Speak with local leaders and youth groups for an engaging cultural exchange session
- Four Northern style meals and drinks
- Cozy homestay accommodation arranged by our local host
- Basic activity and workshop fees (access to local onsen ,temples and workshops)
- Accidental insurance coverage by Bangkok Insurance
- Local community tour guide
Arrive at Hua Tung Village with warm greetings from the village headman and the village's leaders in community based tourism. Get together for a small icebreaker to better understand Hua Tung Village and its people.
Walk around the community with your host or your designated local guide. Meet and greet with your neighbors and let the surroundings sink in through your senses.
Hua Tung locals produce really delicate bamboo baskets and other wicker wares. Join this workshop to make one for yourself as a souvenir. Later in the afternoon, book a Thai massage session with a masseuse. Let her soothe your pains so your body can experience a well-deserved reset.
Settle in and gather around the dinner table for a home-cooked meal prepared by your host family. Exchange stories and engage in meaningful cultural exchange.
Participate in the auspicious ceremony performed by Hua Tung Village's elders.
Optional: End the night with a lively dance performance choreographed by the locals and performed by the village's youth group.
Hua Tung Village boasts an amazing backdrop of mountains which you can trek through to the Nam Ok Ru Waterfall. The "community forest" is an abundant place where locals will teach you about Thai herbs and rare plants.
We will make a stop at the Yang Puto Village to enjoy their all-natural hot spring. It's a great way to release the toxins in your body and an opportune time to let your mind relax and introspect on your Hua Tung experience.
Optional: We leave the Chiang Dao district via a private van to downtown Chiang Mai.