Come at your reservation time and meet local guide at Wat Chiang Man, from here we will go to the old city's charming old markets to learn specifically about ingredients and spices used for Northern Thai cooking. Then, you will start tasting various Northern Thai cuisines such as the best Northern sausage, the best Northern curry noodle, and the best Northern chili dips prepared by some of the best local chefs in town. Along the way, you will discover the history of Chiang Mai, the 700 years old town, through magnificent temples and lovely Lanna atmosphere. At the end of the tour, your lovely local guide is willing to give you some advice about your next interested activities or wonderful places to go. You can ask your guide any questions. Then enjoy your own time. Although you have 2 choices of starting time, we recommend you to start the tour early so you will feel more confident to enjoy the tastes and smells this region has to offer.
Explore old Chiang Mai in a new way. The Kingdom of Lanna was established some 700 years ago. Since then, its food culture has been slowly developed into what is known as the Northern Thai cuisine today.
On the 4 hours cultural walking of the old city of Chiang Mai, you will visit ancient famous landmark and experience of the historical and architectural charms of Chiang Mai.
Get ready to be soaked into Northern Thai cuisine gastronomy treasures. Enjoy eating delicious Northern Thai cuisine prepared by local chef.
- Authentic tasting locations and 10+ delicious Northern Thai food samples (enough for big lunch)
- A historical walk in the old city of Chiang Mai
- Afternoon tea with traditional Thai dessert made by local people
- Experienced and friendly fully-licensed English-speaking local guide
- Fun and informative guided walking tour, including visits local landmarks of Chiang Mai
- Child who age is 3 years old and under is free of charge
- Experience local daily life of Chiang Mai old quarter
- Learn in depth about Northern food culture at local market and restaurants in town
- Savor diverse flavors of Nothern Thai cuisines made by best local chefs in town such as the best Sai Uar and the best Khao Soi
- Support local communities in a unique and entertaining way
- Visit the local landmarks and learn about the history behind Chiang Mai
- Relax after the tour and have a fun chat with our entertaining guide while having our signature “Chiang Mai Afternoon Tea”