7.30 a.m. Pick up at your hotel. 9.00 a.m. Let’s start at the Village Hall of Thach Tan where the tunnels begun. Follow Mr. Ta, one of the witnesses during the war time to discover the tunnel networks. Besides, you will discover original relics & memorabilia donated by the villagers on display. 11.00 a.m. Meet Mr. Thien, one of the members in the Directive Board who supervised the construction of the tunnels. Enjoy lunch cooked in a traditional way while reminiscing about the old days with Mr. Thien.
Have you always been keen on learning which strength helped the Vietnamese triumph over a much more powerful force - the U.S army - in the American War (or the Vietnam War as you might know it)? Are you ready to go back in time to witness what living in between two lines feels like? How has life changed for war survivors since?
Come with us to Thach Tan Village and see the war from the tunnels below the ground. But that's not all! Thach Tan Village is also well known for its sedge weaving handicraft products. The neighboring village located at the Dam River offered shelter in the high thatch grasses during the war and now offers local fisherman the ideal place to catch their daily food and harvest water lilies and lotus flowers.
- Transportation fee to Thach Tan village from Da Nang/Hoi An and back
- Breakfast, lunch, water & snacks during the trip
- Local community guide
- Boat fee and driver
- English speaking facilitator
- Community activity program fee
- A handicraft souvenir from the village
- Meet time witnesses during the tunnel construction and defense during the war.
- Enter the 'war room' and crawl through the narrow passages of the tunnels.
- Join a local family for lunch and learn their traditional way of life.
- Learn traditional handicraft and the contrast of a traditional lifestyle in a modern society.
- Take a boat tour on the beautiful Dam River and pick your own lotus flowers (seasonal).