Upon arrival at the tea plantation, you will be greeted by our staff, who will explain the different processes and methods used to cultivate young tea plants. After that, our resident picker will lead you to the tea bushes where you will learn how to pick tea leaves. At the roasting station, we will demonstrate the art of processing tea by hand from kneading to roasting. When the roasting is done, enjoy a cup of iced or hot tea with a delicious Thai snack.
Located in Mae Tang District, Chiang Mai, on a scenic, evergreen hill, Araksa Tea Plantation specialises in producing high quality Assam tea, a black tea named after the name of India’s largest tea growing region.
See the beauty of the lush tea plantation and learn about the tea growing process from the beginning. Get hands-on as you learn how to pluck tea leaves from resident tea pluckers. Watch how the leaves are processed in a traditional way and enjoy a cup of tea and traditional Thai snack.
- English speaking guide
- Tea plantation tour
- A cup of tea and traditional Thai snack
- Approximately 2 hours tour
- Gaining a deep understanding of cultural preservation.
- Hands-on experience of tea picking from local villagers
- Learning how to produce tea from local experts
- Enjoying a cup of homemade tea and yummy traditional Thai snack