Ancient tribes, treks and secret waterfalls: A weekend adventure, Iba (3D2N)
About the trip
- Enjoy the Philippine Jeepney and Carabao ride experience
- Sleep in Bunkhouse called “Bahay Kubo”
- Hike over one of the mountains of Iba Zambales
- Swim at the secret waterfalls
- Have a Boodle Fight with the locals over the mountain
- Discover Native Tree Species through Botanicals 101
- Dance, Music and Stories with the Aetas inside their native village
- Learn new skills of Nito/Bamboo Weaving and Lahar Pottery Making
- Have fun kayaking in the Botolan River
- Enjoy dinner by the Bonfire
Arrive at Iba Botanicals Guesthouse, Zambales.
Check-in time 2 pm onwards.
8 am Breakfast in Eco Village Guest House.
8:30 am Departure to the river crossing point. Jeepney Ride.
9:30 am Arrive Iba Botancals additional land area (Mose land), tour ylang-ylang trees.
10:30 am Hike to Vetiver Terraces (45 min to 1 hour) with Carabao Ride.
11:30am-2pm Lunch: Boodle Fight by the waterfalls. Then swimming and bond (stories) with the locals uphill.
3 pm Reforestation activities, guests can learn various facts about our different botanicals plant species including Ylang ylang, Turmeric, Vetiver, Moringa and others.
4 pm Rest at the Bunkhouse Uphill.
6/7pm Dinner with the locals, sleep at Bunk House.
7:30/8am Breakfast Uphill.
8:30 am Carabao Ride down to Mose Land to JessMag, Meet and greet with the village people with complimentary Buko Juice.
9:30 am Brief discussion about Iba Zambales and the Aeta Community – history, challenges, etc.
10:30 am Traditional Music & Dances.
11 am Teach guests Aeta bamboo weaving - Aeta to showcase his bamboo making skills in front of the guests.
11:30 am Lahar Pottery Making.
12 noon Lunch at JessMag, rest in hammocks under the trees.
3 pm Jeepney pickup, drop off with kayaks at the river, kayak 30 minutes to Eco Village.
6 pm Early dinner and bonfire at Eco Village.
7-9pm Rest and Check out.
- Transportation inside the native village and the mountain
- Local Tour Guide
- First Aid
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snacks