9:00 a.m. Meet at Saphan Taksin BTS Station, Exit 1. 09.15 am. Take a boat ride to Yodpiman Pier and take a cross-river ferry to Wat Kalayanamitr. 09.45 am. Arrive at Kudeejeen. Meet Ms. Pin, a community leader who will take us around the community. • Visit Kuan An Keng, a 200-year Chinese shrine. • Admire the beauty of Santa Cruz Church, located in the middle of Kudeejeen. • Visit the cupcake house to learn how ‘Kanom Farang Kudeejeen’ is made. 11.30 am. Enjoy Kudeejeen royal cuisine at Ms. Tan’s house. • Try Thai-Portuguese dishes. • Learn how to make Thai royal dessert.
Kudeejeen is a melting pot of 3 different religions (Buddhism, Christianity and Islam) and
4 different beliefs. In the past, the first settlers in the Kudeejeen Community were the Portuguese
whose traits are seen in the culture, architecture and cuisine. Besides the community’s most
famous ‘Kanom Farang Kudeejeen’ or a Portuguese cupcake, there is a Kudeejeen lady who
inherits the recipe of Thai royal cuisine in the reign of King Rama V and Portuguese cuisine from
her ancestors who is best at making savory Thai-Portuguese dishes and traditional Thai dessert.
Here’s the chance to try those extremely rare dishes and even cook them yourself!
- Lunch and snack
- Activities as listed in the itinerary
- Local Alike staff
- Local guide
- Travel insurance
- VAT 7%
- Take a boat ride along the Chao Phraya River
- Walk around the community to see the diversity of culture
- Visit the Santa Cruz Church
- Try ‘Kanom Farang Kudeejeen’ or a Portuguese cupcake at the cupcake house
- Enjoy Thai-Portuguese dishes
- Become a royal chef and make Thai royal dessert
- Minimum 5 persons for this tour, it may not run if there are not enough people registered