9.00 a.m. Arrive at Ban Sawai Community and then meet up at Ta Tom Temple to pray to the 1,000-year-old clay Buddha’s statue. 9.30 a.m. Go to silk street in Ban Sawai’s silk weaving community. 11.00 a.m. Visit Natural Dyed Silk Learning Center guided by Mrs. Samniang Bunsodakon, the weaving teacher, or visit Ban Kok Sae Community to watch the process od silk production.
Sawai Community, Surin is an old place of civilization that has a silk producing art which had been passed down among women since the ancient time.
Nowadays, Sawai Community is one of the most famous silk communities in Surin Province. They preserve the tradition of silk weaving under their own house as well as the collection of beautiful patterns such as marble, ikat, elephant, and eggplant flower.
Besides, this community also has many interesting activities for tourists to do. For Buddhist tourists, you can pray to the sacred 1000-year- old clay Buddha image.
- Local guide
- Activities as listed in itinerary
- Visit Natural Dyed Silk Learning Center.
- Visit Under-the-Houses Market, the local market of community’s silk tailors.
- Visit Uttama Mai Thai, a local silk factory to and see the silk costume of Nakhi, a very famous Thai soap opera.
- Learn the way cattle ranchers live.