2.00pm. Sawaddee…Kidthung Cottage Check in and hop on a tricycle. Ride around and let yourself be amazed by the local life path of Ko Klang. The tricycle is a must, if you do not take one, you have not really made it to the island. - See how the people build long-tail boat models and a real huge long-tail boats. - Sangyod Rice, the rice from Pattalung province is also famous here in Ko Klang. - Wooden rice mills can still be seen here in Ko Klang. - See and get your hands on the art of Patae and Batik painting. - Enjoy the kite contest and collections of local kites at Ban Waw. (If you are lucky, you will get to see the kite contest which only takes place there 1-2 times a year.)
This home is like no others. Ban Ko Klang is located not very far from the city. It is charming for its laid-back country lifestyle. Roam around with your personal tricycle to taste the freshest local seafood or learn how to make roti. Have fun tie-dying fabric or basically go fishing or collecting clams as a fisherman’s friend. Grind and winnow rice the old school way. Sit in a coffee shop for breakfast and have a chat with the locals. This sufficient and peaceful way of life at Baan Ko Klang is ready to charmed you once again
After the first 5 minutes of the boat ride, you will see how people still remain their local way of life which is totally different from the city. Roam around the island, not far away from the town, where you can find the unique traditional way of life while riding a tricycle.
- Transportation fees on Ko Klang island
- 1 night-stay at Kidthung Cottage
- food and drinks
- local community guide
- accidental insurance
- community activity program fee
- Learn about shellfish, finding shellfish, digging for shellfish with a stick, and cooking shellfish.
- See Red-Whiskered Bulbuls Contest, a rare event (Only there on Friday and Sunday).
- Buy local products such as a long-tail boat model, Patae and batik fabric, and high quality Sangyod rice.